introducing the SS 2014 Inslee 85mm collection. sold exclusively NO. WHERE. I am at my wits end.
If you were to track my browser history over the last month it would be a constant shifting cycle between evening wear and pumps on shop bop, barneys, saks, neimans, bergdorfs and the occasional visit to seamless web so that i don’t expire while hunting for wedding shoes.
This is the hardest part of wedding planning yet! The shoes!!!!!! Oh the shoes. I have a very rigid set of requirements that most brides do not adhere to, so I recognized that I have made this a lot harder than it needs to be. Here are my requirements in no specific order:
1. must be 85mm or three inches exactly. any lower feels frumpy, any higher and I’ll be uncomfortable
2. must have toe cleavage and a pointed toe.
3. the sole must lie flat against the floor when standing. I hate it when the sole lifts up in the front slightly and doesn’t lie flush with the ground.
4. must not be slingback, sandals, strappy, have ties
5. could possibly be d’orsay
6. must not be covered in sparkles, glitter or snake skin
7. must not have red soles
8. must not be patent leather, suede or matte leather
9. could possibly have metallic patterning or embroidery or patterned silk
10. the stiletto must be thin and uniform in shape all the way down, and drop directly down from the farthest back most part of the heel, I can’t stand it when the heel bows in and under the heel or worse yet – the new trend bows backwards. shudder.
11. must basically be these shoes, without the red sole and with a pattern that i have come up with on them.
12. does not exist and cannot be made before May 17th. Ideally the pattern from my botanicals. I will not be satisfied until everything on earth is patterned in my botanicals… I want to genetically manufacture a dog that is patterned in botanicals
Sigh… friends what should I do? Shoe designers do not like making 3 inch heels. Why is that? Four inch heels are such a struggle. 2.5 inch heels are such a let down. Where are the 3 inch wedding heels in beautiful brushed silk? If someone finds a way to locate THE shoes or wants to fund my new shoe company please be in touch. I must arrive on March 12th at my dress fitting with THE shoes. The time is now, we must hunt!